In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am also reeling because my perpetrator's name has been taken off Bishop Accountability. I found out a week ago and it only hit me this morning.

INVALIDATED

I was crying and shaking so bad today, I had to take off work, so to try to escape I went to watch the latest episode of V online at ABC, because, as many know, I equate the fight we fight for justice here with the efforts to stop the V's on the TV show (which is not living up to its pilot and first episodes).

To my dismay, the episode I watched today was titled: "We Can't Win" where the resistance gets beaten down by the V's no matter what they do. There are always V's that show up and kill them.

Well, I'm still alive, but the battle seems the same. In our case, we've shown the world hundreds of thousands of child sex crimes were committed by Roman Catholic priests.

And people still go there for Mass, and call it a religion... An institution that lets those crimes happen, as well as the continuing bad treatment of victims to this day, should not be allowed to continue operating.
.
BACK TO THE REMOVAL OF Father Thomas Barry Horne from Bishop Accountability.

The guy was old when he got to me in 1953. The only other victim found so far, by me, is my sister. Not enough to convince an archdiocese that they should help, so not enough to get "accredited" enough to be in the database.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter, as I feel gifted, as a journalist, to have found this story early. Even if nothing further ever happens in my case, there are these incredible crime stories to keep uncovering.

Still, the word that defines how I feel is "invalidated."
.

No comments: