In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Friday, May 21, 2010

WE ARE OUT OF TIME---PROTECT OUR CHILDREN! by Debbie Bodkin,

.
On OpEdNews: Debby Bodkin - Writer

Letter to Jeffrey Lena, Esq., Attorney for The Vatican and Pope Benedict

WE ARE OUT OF TIME
PROTECT OUR CHILDREN!

Dear Mr. Lena:

As a Catholic wife, mother and advocate for clergy sex abuse victims, this letter is sent in response to a recent article entitled "Pope not liable for abuse, says Vatican." In the article, you are quoted as follows:

". . . "This lawsuit is trying to say that the bishop in Louisville is an employee of the pope,' Jeffrey Lena, the Vatican's US attorney said in a telephone interview yesterday. "I say that's not true.'"

As a legal secretary for approximately 25 years, I have had the opportunity to work with brilliant and ethical attorneys. From my experience as a legal secretary, wife and mother, I value all of life's lessons and take them with me in every aspect of my continuing life path. When the clergy sex abuse crisis erupted publicly in 2001 - 2002, I considered myself a very loyal Catholic and only divine intervention could assist the individual who dared to debate and/or accuse a priest of my Church of sexually abusing a child or adult.

However, my life path changed drastically once I took the time to seek my own answers and listen to the personal stories of sex abuse victims and their families. Unbelievably, eight years later, I am haunted by public statements from Vatican officials and attorneys like you, representing ... Continue reading here

No comments: