In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Searching for Other Victims of Fr. Thomas Barry Horne

.
Chicago Archdiocese Thomas Barry Horne (pictured right) founded St. Peter Damian Catholic Church in Bartlett, IL in 1949. He was a bacchanalian fellow, heavy drinker, womanizer. I walked in on him with my mother with her bare breast in his hands. I know he molested both me and my older sister Patricia Ebeling in 1949- 1953 before the family left the Midwest and moved to Los Angeles.

He traveled the entire United States before 1948 in the Chicago Archdiocse Missionary Band, conducting retreats for children and young adults, so his victims today would be senior aged, and could be from anywhere in the USA. He stayed in the small town outside Chicago, Bartlett, until the from 1949 to 1975. Other adult victims today would be at least in their fifties, possibly older than I am at age 62.

Likely side effects these victims lived with were sexual dysfunction and religious confusion. Memories might be repressed as sex assaults happened at such a young age. I did not realize what had happened to me until age 45.

If anyone has information about other victims of Father Thomas Barry Horne, please contact Kay Ebeling at cityofangelslady@yahoo.com
*

No comments: