In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Saturday, June 5, 2010

SCANNED Here: Hodgman Memo Shows Limp Investigation of L.A. Archdiocese Withering

.
How I got this memo is another story, see below, double click to enlarge:




How Memo Came By Snail Mail Today:

Blogs get little respect in the world of corporate media, which permeates government and non profit offices as well as American business.

I had to beg the DA Media Relations people to release the May 26 Hodgman memo to me, as had they released it to the AP and Reuters and the L.A. Times. She said, No, we only deal with the mainstream...

I got forceful, found strength I did not have in January 2007 when I started this blog, defended City of Angels as THE ONLY outlet that genuinely covered the L.A. Clergy Cases, mainstream media just copy and pasted each other. "I can't argue with that," the PAO in the DA's office said but she still didn't want to fax me the memo. I said, "In fact, the only real journalism IS on blogs today, and no one is pulling my strings, I'm doing real journalism, reporting things no one else is reporting, in other words News. Mainstream guys are all just copy and pasting each other."

She finally agreed to fax me the memo.

Then my fax machine wouldn't work....

Anyway, there it is scanned in above, as City of Angels continues to do what salaried, indeed high placed, individuals don't bother to do, and CofA does it with "No Budget*." We tracked down and scanned in the Hodgman memo reported widely last week, essentially letting Cardinal Mahony and the L.A. Archdiocese off the hook.

Again.

And Mahony will likely retire and spend his end days right here in the Los Feliz District of L.A. where he was born, and City of Angels Headquarters will continue to be just down the hill from him in East Hollywood.

By Kay Ebeling, The City of Angels Is Everywhere
.
*RE No Budget: Help CofA cover costs like replacing the Fax Phone Cord, by clicking our PayPal Donate Buttons, in left column, with many High Fives ($5 or higher).
.

No comments: