In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why does Father Thomas Barry Horne name never show up in Google Alerts for his name?

.
The VOTF report on priests accused of pedophilia in Chicago Archdiocese does not show all the pedophile priests accused, only the ones where accusations can be proven well enough for lawsuits. There are likely dozens more perp priests from the Chicago area.

The perp who got to me and my sister in Bartlett, a town outside Chicago in the Archdiocese, 1949-1955, is not in any database. He's dead, we are old, the charges can't be proved in court, so his name is not in any database.
But most pedo-priest victims my age had no recourse until recently, no one even talked about sexuality in the 1950s, and by now most witnesses are dead.
Our accusations, mine very public, in print, on the web at my blog and on AlterNet, with pictures, do not count in these statistics. My charges have also never been proved untrue, or even challenged.
So any other person looking for Horne-y's name will not find it unless they stumble across my blog, even Google Alerts don't bring up stories with the name of Father Thomas Barry Horne of Bartlett, Illinois, no matter how many times I post it at my blog. Like this post yesterday: http://cityofangels8.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-perp-left-off-report-on-pedophile.html never showed up in any of my Google News Alerts for his name.
The truth is nowhere near totally told about this crime spree.

(This post is originally a comment posted Science Blog Dispatch about the Chicago report)

No comments: