In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Thursday, August 12, 2010

None of this stuff will go away, no matter how hard we try to avoid it

.
This comment was emailed to me by a friend in Chicago after Michael for his own reasons did not post it:

2) Re: Kay Ebeling's SNAP document postings. You may recall that Kay posts an early SNAP membership brochure. The Chicago address on that item is 8025 S. Honore. That was the address of the convent of St. Therese of the Infant Jesus parish. One can see this in OCD 1978, page 187, first column. (By OCD 1985 the convent was gone from the pages of OCD; by OCD 1994 the parish itself was gone from OCD being listed as closed.)

Comments at Off My Knees responding to Parting Company With SNAP by Michael Baumann

Just found out there are more comments here, have to chime in to defend myself.

When I found them in 1994 I adored SNAP thought they were true heroes for more than ten years, but after observing and experiencing firsthand what i did with SNAP, I then became suspicious of them. Never set out to berate them, kept my mouth shut another two years after problems became obvious, as I spoke to other people around the country while writing City of Angels.

At first I was convinced I could not be right with what i was concluding. Then decided it must be true and wrote what i wrote about SNAP. I still stand by it. If someone can give another explanation... (Go to Mike Baumann's Off My Knees blog to read the conversation as it is still ongoing.)

***************

No comments: