In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Monday, August 30, 2010

Someone Else Was Angry about Fr. Thomas Barry Horne

.
Lightning
Strikes Bartlett, Illinois, Church 1953

Right behind altar, which was also living quarters for Fr. Thomas Barry Horne at St. Peter Damian Church. After this fire, Horne's shelter was in a separate building next door, where I was banging on his door around 1954 at age six, begging for more of that fun thing he showed me how to do. (Article about fire at church at left is from June 11, 1953, Roselle Register)

(The producer of this blog is seeking other victims of Father Thomas Barry Horne, padre pedophilius flagrante, of Bartlett Illinois, from 1949 to 1975, when he was pastor of St. Peter Damian Church, or from before 1949, his years as a traveling missionary all over the United States. Contact cityofangelslady@yahoo.com )

Personally, I don't believe the "modern" three-year-old church was struck by lightning. I think some other angry confused kid from Bartlett, or a relative of a damaged kid, started the fire, and not wanting to start a scandal, local officials agreed to say it was lightning.

On a church that had been constructed in 1950? There was no lightning rod?

I doubt it.

I think there is something untrue and bent about this story that lightning struck St. Peter Damian Church in June 1953 and destroyed the living quarters of the priest, behind the altar. I think one of Horne's other victims started the fire.

What else could you do in 1953, when no one ever even spoke out loud about sex?

But it's also strange that the altar and organ in choir loft were also damaged.

My mom was the organist.
/

No comments: